|SELCO Solar Pvt. Ltd, a social enterprise established in 1995, provides sustainable energy solutions and services to under-served households and businesses. It was conceived in an effort to dispel three myths associated with sustainable technology and the rural sector as a target customer base:
1) Poor people cannot afford sustainable technologies;
2) Poor people cannot maintain sustainable technologies;
3) Social ventures cannot be run as commercial entities.
SELCO aims to empower its customer by providing a complete package of product, service and consumer financing through grameena banks, cooperative societies, commercial banks and micro-finance institutions.
SELCO’s key features:
- Creating products based on end user needs: going beyond just being a technology supplier but customizing our products based on individual needs.
- Installation and after-sales service: dedicating regional energy service centers to ensure prompt maintenance and service.
- Standardized financing packages: creating channels for end users to afford systems based on their cash flow.
SELCO currently employs about 224 employees in in Karnataka, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Bihar and Tamil Nadu spread across 38 energy service centers. Since 1995, we have sold, serviced and financed over 1,35,000 solar systems to our customers.
Click here to dowload Corporate Brochure